Caffé Gambrinus' Caffé Nocciola
The renowned hazelnut coffee from Naples' most famous temple to coffee, Gran Caffé Gambrinus.
Hazelnut Paste (Pasta di Nocciola)
- 120 g Roasted Hazelnuts (Skins Removed)
- 60 ml Sunflower Oil (Roughly 2:1 Ratio of Hazelnuts to Oil)
Hazelnut Cream (Cremina di Nocciole)
- 100 g Icing Sugar
- 500 ml Cream
- 50 g Hazelnut Paste (Pasta di Nocciola)
- 30 ml Espresso or Caffè Moka
- Make the hazelnut paste by blending the toasted hazelnuts in a blender or food processer. Once roughly chopped, add in the sunflower oil and blend until a chunky paste forms.
- In a bowl, combine the icing sugar, cream, and hazelnut paste and whisk until homogeneous.
- Spoon ~30 ml the hazelnut cream into the bottom of a tulip glass, or other serving glass.
- Pour the coffee on top of the hazelnut cream. Optionally, immerse a steam wand into the contents of the glass and froth.
- Place the glass on a saucer and serve.